This was in Success Magazine, September 2011 Issue…
10 Best Practices to make the most of your money…
10) Spend less than you earn- This one simple practice will save you a world of trouble
9) Use your bank’s auto pay system- Setting your recurring bills on auto-pay helps ensure you will never miss a payment.
8) Limit Other’s access to your money- Beyond creating strong passwords, make sure you maintain control by sending payments rather than allowing others to draft your account.
7) Read the fine print- Don’t sign any financial documents until you understand exactly what you are agreeing to.
6) Keep college loans under control- Don’t spend more on higher education than you’ll earn the first year.
5) Protect yourself and your family- Cover the basics with life, health, home and auto insurance.
4) Pay down debt- It really doesn’t matter if it is good debt or bad debt. Simplify life by getting rid of any debt that is hanging over your head.
3) Educate yourself- Protect agains scams by arming yourself with information from multiple independent sources.
2) Practice giving- Sharing your wealth with others fosters an additude of abundance that permeates your entire life.
1) Pay yourself first- Everytime you earn money, set aside a predetermined percentage for both long term and short term savings